CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Halloween

Eric was so excited. I accidentally showed him a Halloween costume catalogue in September. He became obsessed with the Optimus Prime costume. He would not stop begging for it day and night. Being the sucker that I am, I told him that we could go pick out his costume after Noah's birthday, which is at the end of September. The day after Noah's birthday arrived and Eric was ready to go. I had already bought the costume and decided to let him try it on. It was about 10 inches too long for him so I hemmed up the legs & it was a perfect fit. He began to beg me each day to wear it.
I told him the story of my infamous Mr. Magoo costume. When I was in first grade, I was in ballet. We had a recital in the summer. I had a beautiful pink ballerina costume with pink tutu that I was going to wear for Halloween. My mother warned me not to wear it so much or I would ruin it. I was so excited to wear it to school & parade through the big kids classes (4th, 5th & 6th graders). The night before Halloween I tried on the costume again. (Mind you, the costume had my measurements from 3 months prior & I was going through a growth spurt) I put on the costume & bent over. The body of the costume split from my belly button, through my legs & up to my rear. I was crushed. It was ruined! My dad was the only one who knew how to use the sewing machine and he was working midnights. My mother tried to calm me down by telling me that we could go to Ribordy's (boy am I dating myself!) and buy another costume. I began to imagine all the costumes I would find there! Barbie, Cinderella, Snow White! I was ready to go! We went to Ribordy's & headed straight for the Halloween aisle. The costumes were strewn all over the place. After digging through piles of mismatched costumes, we came to find only one costume that was anywhere near my size. It was a plastic costume that you stepped into that tied behind your neck. The mask was hard & had a 2 big eye cutouts & 2 teeny weeny nasal holes with an elastic strap that left a welt on your head. I sobbed as we drove home, mortified that I would have to wear that to school, let alone, trick or treating! To top it off, she put my hair in pigtails on top of it! I am still traumatized by that costume.

Eric was actually very careful when he wore it prior to Halloween. He wore it every night for about 10 minutes, then would tell me that he was ready to put it away. It was still in tact on Halloween - I was impressed. Noah was Eric's costume from 2 years ago - a Monkey. Both were adorable!

This was their transportation

Noah seeing Eric come back from the 1st house. All he wanted was a sucker.
Eric went trick or treating with me for about a block. He wanted to be pulled in the wagon from driveway to driveway - what a lazy bum! At the beginning of the next block he looked at me and said, "I'm done. My foot hurts. Let's go home." I was stunned! We went back home and then Daddy talked him into going around with him.
Uncle Todd & Eric in Uncle Todd's truck.

Papa taking Noah for a spin
Jailbait Monkey


0 comments: