CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

On Christmas Eve, daycare was closed and Ryan was off, so it worked out well. Daddy was home with his boys all day while Mommy was at work wrapping Christmas presents. Noah came down with a fever two days before so he was slowly recovering from some random viral thing. When I got home from work around 3, Eric had still not had a nap. I began to panic that he would go to sleep too early and wake up in the middle of the night and see me setting things up. Eric ended up falling asleep at 4:30. I told Ryan to wake him up around 6. Ryan tried to, but Eric told him he was too tired. OH NO! Oh yes. He was coming down with a fever. He went back to sleep and I sat down and had a pity party about how Christmas was going to be ruined. The house wasn't cleaned, I hadn't slept through the night in 4 days, both kids were sick - poor me! I snapped out of it, and was ashamed that I even had it. Eric woke up again around 7:30 pm and we sat in my bed and watched Christmas movies - it was really fun and memorable for me.

5:30 am came and Eric was up - burning up. We gave him some Motrin and then he realized it was Christmas morning and wanted to know if Santa really came. I had bought him a performance stage (it's a tent). It was way bigger than I had imagined it to be. It takes up half of my living room. He was thrilled to see that Santa had came because, "I was a REALLY good boy Mom". Eric got a bunch of toys, a video game, books, clothes, transformers, etc. - his favorite was the Bat Cave from Uncle Todd. Noah got about 5 things. Only 1 from us. I figured he was going to try to play with all of Eric's gifts anyway. I did give him the empty cardboard wrapping paper rolls.

Noah displays the toy's versatility

Noah and his cardboard gift

We had Grandma, Papa, Uncle Todd, Nanny and Grandpa Nick over for dinner Christmas day. Poor Eric spent a good amount of the day on the couch. Noah made up for him in the eating department (as usual!). Noah ate sauerkraut, polish sausage and ham. We got to bed early - YAY.
We both had to work the next day. Ryan left at 6am. The phone rang around 6:15, it was the daycare calling to say they were going to be closed because of weather conditions. I had no clue what she was talking about. Everything was frozen - streets, cars everything. Ryan came through the back door around 6:30. His boss told him to just go home if he was close. His boss was stuck on I-65 (and for about 5 hours after that). Cars were just spinning out on the streets. The next day brought a day full of rain. We woke up to find that the ice storm from the night before had disappeared with all of the snow!

The Saturday evening after Christmas we had the Onohan family over. It was a lot of fun. I haven't stayed up that late in awhile! We spent all of the next Sunday recovering from lack of sleep.
Grandma and Noah

Sarah, Julie and Uncle Jim

The Onohan Boys

Lily and Eric


James & Sarah feeding cake to the piggy


Cousin Andrianna and Noah looking out the window for Sadie


The sectional really came in handy

0 comments: